Nicole Chiravollatti is Managing Attorney for The Hammer Law Firm, LLC, whose experience extends to state and federal criminal trial practice and appellate litigation.
Before joining the firm, Nicole was an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney's Office, where she tried dozens of felonies and misdemeanors, including robberies, burglaries, assaults, murders, DWIs, drug and theft matters. She was handpicked to join the Domestic Violence Team, where she was recognized for her talent in the unique and complex practice area of violent crimes between family members. Before joining St. Louis County, Nicole interned at the prosecutor's office in St. Charles County, handling complex dockets and bench trials for the State.
Her knowledge and experience as a prosecutor has made her uniquely qualified to zealously defend the rights of the accused, and the leaders of Ballwin, Missouri, one of the largest municipalities in St. Louis County, have appointed Nicole their public defender. Nicole has also returned to her alma mater, Saint Louis University School of Law as an Adjunct Professor teaching Criminal Trial Advocacy to aspiring future trial attorneys.
While a law student, Nicole was awarded the Judge Robert G. Dowd, Sr. First Place Team Award for Best Appellate Advocacy and Best Appellee Brief, the ALI-ABA Scholarship and Leadership Award, and served as the President of the Student Bar Association. Before attending Saint Louis University School of Law, she received her undergraduate degree from Mount St. Mary's College in Los Angeles, California in 1997, graduating Summa Cum Laude.
Nicole is a member of the Missouri Bar, and is also licensed to practice in the US District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. She is a member of the American Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Bar Association of Missouri St. Louis.
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Criminal Defense Litigation
- US District Court, Eastern District Missouri
- Adjunct Professor of Law: Criminal Trial Practice, Saint Louis University School of Law
Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, MO
- J.D. - 2005
- Judge Robert G. Dowd, Sr. First Place Team Award for Best Appellate Advocacy and Best Appellee Brief
- ALI-ABA Scholarship and Leadership Award
- President, Student Bar Association
Mount St. Mary's College, Los Angeles, CA
- B.A. - 1997, Summa Cum Laude
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney
- Assistant Prosecuting Attorney
St. Charles County Prosecuting Attorney
- Prosecuting Attorney Intern
- Project Administrator, US Bank
- Appointed Public Defender, City of Ballwin (2012-present)
- Active volunteer with the ALS Association to cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)