Weapons Crime Lawyers in St. Louis
Are You Facing a Weapons Charge in Missouri? Call (314) 334-3807!
The Second Amendment grants you the right to bear arms, but you are not always guaranteed to that right. When you are accused of a weapons violation or charge in Missouri, any penalty upon conviction will likely result in you losing your Second Amendment rights. Even if that does not happen, you will likely spend time behind bars and pay thousands of dollars in fines and fees.
It is time to stand up for yourself and make certain the law does not tread on your right to bear arms and own or carry a gun. Call (314) 334-3807 to connect with The Hammer Law Firm, LLC and our weapons charge attorneys in St. Louis. With more than 30 years of collective legal experience under our belts and former prosecutors on staff, we have become the trusted name in defense counsel throughout the region for good reason.
Types of Weapons Violations & Charges
Missouri has an extensive list of weapons charges based on how someone uses, possesses, or controls a firearm. Many violations will be categorized as a high-level misdemeanor if the defendant has no previous weapons violation convictions. Although, there are serious weapons crimes that constitute a high-level felony for first-time charges.
Examples of weapons charges in Missouri include:
- Altering or removing identifying marks on a firearm.
- Carrying a concealed deadly weapon without proper permits.
- Discharging a firearm in any location deemed illegal by local ordinances.
- Discharging a firearm in or at an occupied structure, vehicle, or location.
- Discharging a firearm within 100 years of an occupied school, church, or court.
- Purchasing, selling, or trading a firearm or ammunition illegally.
- Using a firearm in a way that acts as an automatic or triggered trap.
- Wielding a firearm in a threatening manner.
Call The First Choice in Second Amendment Rights Protection
When the prosecution is intent on landing a weapons charge conviction against you, shield yourself and your gun ownership rights by teaming up with our criminal defense lawyers. We have been there for people all throughout St. Louis and beyond in a variety of high stakes cases. Armed with real experience and insight, we are prepared to stand by your side in and out of court as well.
Want a free consultation? Dial (314) 334-3807 at your first opportunity.