St. Louis Internet Sex Crime Attorney
Let Us Fight Your Cybercrime Charges in Missouri - Call (314) 334-3807
The term for internet sex crimes is intentionally broad, allowing for coverage of a wide scope of sexual activities that could take place online. Any sexual allegations concerning internet use should be taken very seriously, as a conviction could carry heavy prison sentences and substantial fines.
Some examples of internet sex crimes are:
- Distribution of obscene matter.
- Solicitation in chat rooms and/or instant messaging.
- Possession or circulation of child pornography.
Being convicted of such a crime is a serious matter, carrying possible jail time and lifelong consequences. At The Hammer Law Firm, LLC, we are prepared to protect you and your rights in court against these charges.
Call us today to build a strong case for your defense - (314) 334-3807
Will I Have to Register as a Sex Offender?
If you are convicted of an internet sex crime such as child pornography or promoting obscenity, you will have to enroll with the state's sex offender registry per Chapter 589 of the Missouri Revised Statutes. You will only be required to register pending a conviction for committing, conspiracy to commit, or attempting to commit this type of sex offense. This is why choosing the right criminal defense attorney is so important.
Why work with The Hammer Law Firm, LLC?
If you've been accused of committing an internet sex crime, you can't afford to forego professional legal representation. Serious charges of this nature must be handled immediately. At The Hammer Law Firm, LLC, we are here to protect your rights both in and out of court.
Just some of the benefits of working with our firm include:
- We offer free consultations to prospective clients.
- We explore every option when determining the best method of approach for your case.
- We are professors of Criminal Trial Advocacy at the Saint Louis University School of Law.
- We regularly attend CLE (Continuing Legal Education) courses to remain up to date on the latest legal techniques being used in the field.
We urge you to contact our office as soon as possible after you've been charged. The sooner you call The Hammer Law Firm, LLC, the sooner we can begin building an aggressive defense on your behalf. We can be reached at (314) 334-3807.