Defense for Mortgage Fraud Charges in St. Louis
According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, "Mortgage fraud schemes employ some type of material misstatement, misrepresentation, or omission relating to a real estate transaction which is relied on by one or more parties to the transaction." If you are facing mortgage fraud accusations, secure tough defense.
Call a St. Louis fraud defense attorney at The Hammer Law Firm, LLC by calling (314) 334-3807 for a free and confidential evaluation of your case.
Types of Mortgage Fraud Schemes
The FBI recognizes nine major forms of mortgage fraud schemes, including:
- False rescue schemes: These programs claim to be able to help people save their homes and avoid foreclosure.
- Loan modification fraud: Loan modification is one way for homeowners to avoid foreclosure. However, some loan mod programs are fraudulent.
- "Flipping" properties: Property flipping is purchasing a home for the purpose of upgrading it and selling it for a profit, but there are ways this can be done illegally.
- Builder bailouts: According to Freddie Mac, this is "Creatively disguis[ing] a fraudulent home sale as a legitimate transaction, colluding with real estate appraisers, mortgage loan brokers, and settlement agents in the perpetration of this type of fraud."
- Equity skimming/stripping: This type of scheme is widely considered a type of predatory lending. This usually occurs when a homeowner has been notified of foreclosure, and then an investor buys the home to lease to the previous owner.
- Silent second: This type of scheme involves taking out a second mortgage. It has called "silent" because the lender of the first mortgage does not know about the second.
- Home equity conversion mortgage: This type of mortgage can be legitimate if it complies with § 4235.1 of the U.S.C.
- Fraudulent commercial loans: One prevalent form of fraud is commercial real estate financing fraud.
- Air loans: Put simply, this type of fraud takes place when a mortgage broker enters into an agreement with a borrower in attempts to defraud them.
Contacting The Hammer Law Firm, LLC
The Hammer Law Firm, LLC handles all types of mortgage and real estate fraud related offenses. If you have been accused, arrested, or charged with mortgage fraud, contact our firm today. We have more than 60 years of collective experience and have handled over 100 jury trials.
For aggressive defense you can count on, call us today at (314) 334-3807.
I cannot begin to explain in words how thankful I am that I contacted the Hammer Law Firm when I found myself facing criminal legal charges. I and my family will always be grateful beyond words for the role that Mark Hammer and The Hammer Law Firm played i- Former Client
They are professional, courteous, and respectful to both the courts and their clients. This team of professionals is not in business just for the money, they are truly out to help their clients.- C.E.
After a thorough review, Mark began to address every legal issue confronting our son, he had already done his homework, which began to bring sanity back into our family as we sat there.- Ken
We contacted Mark Hammer for help with our son. Mark was truly amazing! He worked hard for our son, was always a text or phone call away, and we could not have asked (or predicted) a better outcome! Absolutely in awe of him.- D.C.
Thank you so much, Nicole. I have faith and believe everything that's happening is for a reason. I know everything will be fine and I believe you are going to do everything you can and I'm very grateful for it.- C.G.
I absolutely recommend Mark and Nicole to anyone who is needing more than a lawyer, but people who do genuinely care about you and who want to get the best possible outcome to get you through this difficult time.- E.M.
I just wanted to thank you again for your compassion, kindness, and support given to my family throughout this ordeal. I thank the Hammer Law Firm for not only giving my son his life back but his family as well.- Former Client
I feel that you were not just our attorneys, but a friend that stood beside us through it all. I could call anytime, day or night, and you were there, even when times were bad for you.- V.H.
We work directly with you to determine the best possible outcome based on your goals and needs. We then create personalized legal strategies to set your case up for success.
Our attorneys pride ourselves on always being available to address any questions you have regarding your case. With our team, you aren't just a number.
As former prosecutors who know how the 'other side' operates, we have a unique insight that allows us to set our client's cases up for success.
The Hammer Law Firm, LLC team has more than 60 years of combined criminal law experience. We have the tools, knowledge, and resources to effectively advocate on your behalf.
When you want personal support and proven representation, you need to bring The Hammer Law Firm, LLC to the fight.