St. Louis Felony Defense Attorneys
Call (314) 334-3807 to Let Us Protect Your Freedom & Future in Missouri
While a misdemeanor conviction often results jail time, a felony offense can be punishable by a one-year prison sentence, or worse. Having a felony conviction on your permanent criminal record can make it difficult to look for work, find a place to live, apply for college, and take advantage of other opportunities in life. Additionally, any subsequent felony offenses can result in harsher penalties.
If you have been charged with a felony crime in St. Louis, our legal team at The Hammer Law Firm, LLC is committed to helping you get your charges dismissed or significantly reduced to potentially avoid serving any time behind bars. With more than three decades of legal experience, we can investigate your case, gather and analyze evidence from law enforcement, and create an effective and personalized defense strategy to get obtain a favorable outcome.
Felony Crimes in Missouri
There are five classes of felonies in Missouri, ranging between Class A and Class E. The former is the most serious offense while the latter is the least.
The following is a breakdown of the penalties associated with each felony class:
- Class A felony – Punishable by a minimum ten-year prison sentence and a maximum 30 years sentence or life imprisonment. Common felonies in this category include first-degree murder, forcible rape of a child under 12 years of age, first-degree robber, first-degree kidnapping, and drug trafficking.
- Class B felony – Carries a minimum five-year prison term and up to 15 years imprisonment. Common felonies in this category include first-degree burglary and voluntary manslaughter.
- Class C felony – Results in a maximum prison sentence of ten years and/or a fine not exceeding $10,000. Common felonies in this category include involuntary manslaughter, theft, second-degree statutory rape, and drug possession.
- Classy D felony – Punishable by a maximum seven-year prison sentence and/or a fine no more than $10,000. Common felonies in this category include third-degree domestic violence, fraud, passing a bad check, and resisting arrest.
- Class E felony – Carries a maximum four-year prison term and/or a fine of up to $10,000. Common felonies in this category include criminal negligence.
Request a Free Consultation Today
If you are facing criminal charges, our firm is prepared to help. Because our legal team consists of former prosecutors, we understand how the prosecution will approach your case. Our legal backgrounds better enable us to develop a counterattack to protect your rights and freedom, giving you the upper hand. Do not hesitate to let us fight for you in the courtroom.
Contact us and discuss your case with The Hammer Law Firm, LLC today.
I cannot begin to explain in words how thankful I am that I contacted the Hammer Law Firm when I found myself facing criminal legal charges. I and my family will always be grateful beyond words for the role that Mark Hammer and The Hammer Law Firm played i- Former Client
They are professional, courteous, and respectful to both the courts and their clients. This team of professionals is not in business just for the money, they are truly out to help their clients.- C.E.
After a thorough review, Mark began to address every legal issue confronting our son, he had already done his homework, which began to bring sanity back into our family as we sat there.- Ken
We contacted Mark Hammer for help with our son. Mark was truly amazing! He worked hard for our son, was always a text or phone call away, and we could not have asked (or predicted) a better outcome! Absolutely in awe of him.- D.C.
Thank you so much, Nicole. I have faith and believe everything that's happening is for a reason. I know everything will be fine and I believe you are going to do everything you can and I'm very grateful for it.- C.G.
I absolutely recommend Mark and Nicole to anyone who is needing more than a lawyer, but people who do genuinely care about you and who want to get the best possible outcome to get you through this difficult time.- E.M.
I just wanted to thank you again for your compassion, kindness, and support given to my family throughout this ordeal. I thank the Hammer Law Firm for not only giving my son his life back but his family as well.- Former Client
I feel that you were not just our attorneys, but a friend that stood beside us through it all. I could call anytime, day or night, and you were there, even when times were bad for you.- V.H.
When you want personal support and proven representation, you need to bring The Hammer Law Firm, LLC to the fight.